We are looking for talented young men or women with a disability, age 16 – 27 years old, living in one of the least developing countries. People, who have the intellectual ability to attend further and/or advanced education but who, due to financial problems, are not able to do so.
The Foundation Expanding Horizons is willing to consider requests for financial assistance on an individual basis. Requests should come from local NGO’s and should focus on enabling this youngster to either start or continue a study. We expect that such people would form role models for other fellow people with a disability as well as for society as a whole.
Hereby we call for your help. Through your contacts or your work you may be in a position to help us in achieving our aim:
- Inform us about young people who may qualify for our support.
- Assist, on behalf of a NGO or DPO, such a youngster with a disability to apply for financial support.
- Disseminate this flyer to partners in your working area who may be willing or may be able to act as mediators themselves.
The criteria for obtaining financial support are:
- The candidate has a disability.
- The candidate is between 16 and 27 years of age.
- The candidate is living in one of the least developing countries .
- The study has to be at the level of middle and higher education (e.g. vocational, technical) and it should definitely increase her / his chances to find a job.
- The study should take place in one’s own region.
- The candidate must be highly motivated, should have strong self discipline to finish the study and willing to act as a role model for others.
- The maximum grant to be provided is US $ 2.000,00.
- The candidate should indicate on the application form her/his own contribution to the study.
- The project must be described in specific, realistic and measurable terms.
- The project should have a budget holder (a person or organisation responsible for the finances), who is independent of the candidate. Funds will not be given to individual candidates.
Applications should be made through local organisations of people with a disability or NGO’s. The application form can be found above.This form needs to be filled out by the requesting organisation. However, the candidate should write a personal motivation letter as well, and this, together with the application form should be sent to the secretary of the Foundation Expanding Horizons.
Mr. Sip Glashouwer
p/a Heegermeerstraat 22
8531 RR Lemmer.
Please send a copy of the application to mr. Huib Cornielje
|Support can be given to inhabitants of the following countries:|
Congo, Dem. Rep.